Sunday, August 13, 2006

Another great idea

I think I might be the worlds worst blogger,.. actually I'm not that bad but still, there's room for improvement I think!

So let's catch up before I start on another great idea. The 10K happenend and I ran it in 1hour and 7 minutes. What made it more impressive was that I managed it even without doing as much training as I would've liked. Injuries (lots), girlfriends and trips away all conspired to disrupt the schedule but I still managed to get some time in. I had been aiming for 1 hour 30 mins so I was over the moon with the time I managed.

The next great idea is to run another 10K which, given I haven't run since the end of June, isn't the most clever idea. Darren Stenhouse and I will be running the Glasgow 10K on Sept 3rd just because,... well I don't know why, just because it's there to be done.

I know I'll be attempting it now because I've been out this afternoon to test out the running legs. The route I chose was 5K and featured some decent size, never ending, hills. I managed it in 30 mins which is a decent first attempt. Now I need to see how long it takes to recover (the legs will hurt tomorrow) and if I can keep up the pace. 30 mins was the time but I finished with a stitch and thought I was going to be sick as I stopped running. I have a suspicion that isn't good!

Overall it does seem do-able and I think I can aim for a 1 hour time on this one. Hopefully I can keep this blog more uptodate as I do this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home